Sunday, May 23, 2010

Leave it to me.

I like cute dresses. They're adorable aren't they? BUT! I can't wear them. It used to be cuz my parents don't allow me to. No skirts, no short-sleeved shirt for yours truly. I obliged. Now, I chose not to wear them. I can be pretty without showing much skin. I made a vow to myself to not wear anything that's 'menjolok/mencolok mata'. Or close enough.

My friends used to say, "Don't you have something nice to wear?" or "You've got fair skin and nice legs. Show it off woman!"

At times, I'll be like "Why did I ever made that vow.." or "Why can't my parents be like other parents?"

But then again, who said I can't be pretty or stylish with my long-sleeved shirts? A really good friend told me this:

"It's not the clothes you wear that makes you beautiful, it's who you are. And how you wear them. You can work a newspaper dress lah if you feel like it"

It changed me. It really did. Thanks girl (:

I don't need skimpy dress to feel sexy. I am sexy. HAHAHAHAHA that's a laugh. God. But whatever. I'm happy in my skin now :)



Editor's note: Whaaaaaaaat? I'm an insecure person. A little comment can bring me ten floors down. This lil reminders cheer me back up :D
.

No comments:

Post a Comment